There is no point in presenting risotto, this Italian specialty that has conquered our taste buds for a few years.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 350 g of rice for risotto
- 500 g of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 5 cl of white wine
- 40g butter
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 2 tsparomatic herbs (parsley chervil, coriander)
Here is an original way to cook it, the pumpkin and parmesan risotto.
Pumpkin risotto recipe
Pumpkin risotto can be made in a normal size pumpkin and thus serve as a dish but it can also be made with small squash or pumpkins in order to make small individual dishes.
- Start by cutting a large hat in order to have a nice opening
- Remove the flesh from the pumpkin
- Cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Peel then finely slice the onion
- Brown the onion in the butter to sweat it, then wet with the white wine
- Add the diced pumpkin
- Pour a little broth and leave to cook over low heat
- When the dice are undone, add the rice, adding the rest of the broth as you go.
- Cooking time is about 20 min
- Once the broth is completely absorbed, add the Parmesan and aromatic herbs
- Salt, pepper
- Return everything to the hollowed-out pumpkin
Risotto is served immediately after cooking because it is difficult to reheat it without losing its appeal.
Enjoy your meal !