Delicious as a starter or as a light dish, this artichoke and chicken liver recipe is also easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 50 cl of poultry (or vegetable) broth
- 12 fundsartichokes cooked
- 400g button mushrooms
- 450 g of chicken livers
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 30 g flour
Artichokes with chicken livers
For the white roux:
- In a saucepan, just melt the butter over low heat, add the flour. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained, cook for 3 minutes over low heat (without coloring), leave to cool, about 30 minutes.
- In another saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Gradually pour it over the cooled white roux. Mix with a whisk.
Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes while stirring. Season. The sauce should gradually thicken, it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Slice the artichoke bottoms into 3 mm thick slices.
- Dry and slice the mushrooms in the same way as the artichokes.
- Clean and prepare the livers. Slice them, if necessary remove the veins.
- In a sauté pan, melt the semi-salted butter. As soon as it becomes frothy, add the chicken livers. Lightly brown, then add the roux.
- Pour in the mushrooms and artichokes, season and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with bacon, croutons and some fresh herbs.
Well-being and artichoke
Artichoke: Rich in minerals, more particularly in potassium and phosphorus, but also in calcium and magnesium, this diuretic vegetable is also a source of vitamins (B, C…).
- To read also: Artichoke: benefits and virtues
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel