If you like tapas and hearty aperitifs, then enjoy this recipe for grilled sardine toast.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 pepper yellow
- 2 podsgarlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of sugar
- 1 juice lemon
- 4 sardine fillets
- 4 to 6 nice slices of country bread
- 8 capers
- 40 g cow's tomme
- 2 pinches of Espelette pepper
- 1 drizzle of liquid honey
- Freshly ground pepper
Grilled sardine toast
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Wash and mince the pepper.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut them into pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, melt 20 g of butter, brown the onion. Add the tomatoes, peppers, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, and 5 cl of water.
- Cook over medium heat, 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken. Let cool (about 30 minutes).
In a pan,
- Melt 20 g of butter and quickly brown the sardine fillets, seasoning them lightly. Reserve.
- On each slice of bread place the tomato sauce, the sardine fillets, the capers and the previously cut cheese.
- Drizzle with a drizzle of liquid honey, season with pepper.
- Place under the broiler until nicely colored.
Enjoy these toast with a salad.
About the sardine
Caught in the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, sardines are most often prepared to be canned, preserved in olive or vegetable oil, in a sauce (tomato, mustard, etc.), or even in water or broth (less fat).
It is also excellent barbecued (hollowed out and scaled before grilling ... or not) as an accompaniment to summer vegetables.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel