Here is the recipe for muffins with flavors from the South, a compendium of flavors and smells, which will delight everyone as an aperitif.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 20 min
Rest : 30 min
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 140 g semi-salted butter
- 100 g of brown rice flour
- 40 g of split pea flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. 1/2 teaspoon organic yeast
- 4 pinches of baking soda
- 6 petals of candied tomatoes
- 100 g fresh cow cheese
- 1 branch of thyme fresh
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 10 cl of ribot milk
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Southern flavor muffins recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- To melt the butter.
- In a salad bowl, pour the flour, yeast and baking soda.
- Slice the tomato petals.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme.
- Break the eggs, place them in the salad bowl, beat together then pour in the ribot milk. Season and pour in the melted butter. Mix well. Add the tomato petals, cheese and thyme. Mix gently. Check the seasoning.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups, bake them for 20 to 25 minutes then let stand 30 minutes before unmolding them.
Serve hot or cold.
Additional information about muffins
Rice flour :
White or brown, rice flour is produced by grinding grains of rice. Containing no gluten, it is non-allergenic, making it an excellent substitute for wheat flour. Its delicately sweet taste and slightly grainy texture give a different flavor and an airy side to pastries. Little used in French cuisine, yet it does wonders!
It is a source of vitamins D, E, and especially A, essential in particular for the good development of the skeleton, eyes, intestines, skin or bronchi.
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel