Asian or oriental inspiration, this veal lemongrass stir-fried rice recipe is both fresh and easy. A recipe from Louise Denisot.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of walnuts veal
- 3 stems of lemongrass
- 4 cm from ginger fresh
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 200 g of Thai fragrant rice
- 4 sprigs of spring onion
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of soya sauce
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of neutral oil
Recipe for sautéed rice with veal lemongrass
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the rice 2 min less than the time indicated on the package.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with the ginger and chili pepper.
- Remove the first leaf of the lemongrass, very finely chop the lemongrass stems, add them.
- Brown everything for 5 minutes without coloring.
- Cut the veal into thin strips and add them to the pan.
- Brown for 3 min over high heat then lower the heat, cover and cook for 3 min.
- Add the rice and soy sauce then mix well.
- Return to the heat and sauté for 5 min.
- Off the heat, add the coarsely chopped cilantro and chopped spring onion stems, then serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal !
Photo credit: Pentecost Calf / Amélie Roche