The mashed potato and parsnip is a change from the traditional mashed potato thanks to the slightly sweetness of parsnip and a hint of finesse.
It goes perfectly with roasted meats or a shoulder of lamb confit.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kgpotatoes
- 500 gr of parsnip
- 15 cl of fresh cream
- 25 cl of milk
- 25g butter
- Salt pepper
Mashed potato and parsnip recipe
The mashed potato and parsnip is easy to prepare, the trick is to choose the right mashed potatoes (Bintje)
- Start by peeling then cleaning the potatoes and parsnips.
- Cut the parsnip into pieces, calibrating them like the potatoes so as to have an equivalent cooking time.
- Place the vegetables in a large pot of cold salted water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and leave to cook for 20 min, maintaining a slight boil.
- Use a sharp knife to check the state of doneness.
- Empty the water when it's done.
- Crush with a puree press (avoid the blender because the texture of the parsnip puree is important).
- Add the butter then the milk and finally the sour cream.
- You can add a little milk if necessary to make the puree smoother.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Enjoy your meal !