Both light and full of flavor, this recipe for spinach salad with cockles and yogurt is delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 200 g ofspinach fresh (or young shoots)
- 1 pear (Conference)
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 800 g of cockles
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30g butter
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp. chives
- 1 plain stirred yogurt
- 1 tbsp. old mustard
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Spinach salad with cockles and yogurt
For the shells:
- Soak the cockles in several waters.
- Peel, wash and finely chop the shallot and the garlic.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter, sweat the shallot and garlic in it. Pour in the white wine. Add the cockles, cover and cook, 3 to 4 minutes, until they open. Shell the cockles.
For the sauce:
- Peel, wash and chop the shallot.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- In a salad bowl, place the yogurt, mustard, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper. Combine these ingredients thoroughly and add the olive oil, shallot and chives. Reserve in the fridge.
- Remove the midribs from the spinach leaves. Wash them, wring them out, cut them into strips.
- Peel and core the pear. Mince it and lemon it.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Gently mix the spinach with the cockles, pour the sauce.
Mix and then arrange this dome-shaped salad on plates.
Spread the pear over it. Decorate with a few tomato quarters.
- Yogurt brings a tangy flavor to this recipe.
- There are cases all year round, but the best time to buy them is between September and March.
CELLAR SIDE: Montlouis demi-sec
Words from the kitchen
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Disgorging a shell : evacuate the sandy residues. To remove any sand that the seashells may contain, it is advisable to immerse them in salted water for a few hours. Stir them vigorously, renewing the water, (the ideal is to let them soak for half a day). They can then split open and expel the sand contained inside.
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Sweat : remove the vegetation water from a vegetable by gently heating it without coloring in a fatty substance in order to concentrate the flavors.
Calories per person: 170
The shell is particularly rich in phosphorus, iron and zinc, it helps fight fatigue and strengthens the immune system.
This yogurt sauce contains very little fat and can replace white sauce or crème fraîche.
Photo: C. Herlédan