A delicious American recipe, the corn cake is terribly delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 100 g semi-salted butter
- 1 untreated lemon
- 140 g of flour But
- 150 g of polenta
- 10 g dry baker's yeast
- 1/2 tsp. level coffee of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl of semi-skimmed milk
- 70 g cane sugar
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- To melt the butter.
- Wash the lemon and remove the zest.
- In a bowl, arrange the flour, polenta, lemon zest, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and cane sugar.
Add the melted butter. Pour this liquid content into the first bowl, stirring until a smooth consistency is achieved. Pour everything into a cake mold lined with baking paper.
- Bake and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool 1 hour before unmolding.
Serve plain or with whipped cream, jam or fruit compote.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of corn
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel