Here is THE most famous flamiche, leek flamiche, as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 egg (gilding)
- 2 whites of leeks
- 40g butter
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of fresh cream (30% fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Fine salt, freshly ground pepper
Read also : the delicious recipe of leek pie
For garnish :
- Wash, mince the leek whites, sweat them in 40 g of butter.
- Mix the whole egg and the crème fraîche. Season and mix well.
Stir in the cooled leek whites.
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th7).
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut into the puff pastry 2 discs 12 cm in diameter, place one on the baking sheet. Spread a layer of filling on this disc (line the center up to 1 cm from the edges).
- Brush the edges of the pastry with cold water and cover with the second disk of puff pastry. Seam the edges together with your fingers, pressing firmly. Reserve in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Using a brush, brush the dough with the remaining beaten egg, then scratch the top with the back of the blade of a knife.
- Bake and cook for 10 minutes at 210 ° C (th.7) then 15 minutes at 160 ° C (th.5).
- Enjoy hot!
- Enjoy the leek flamiche straight out of the oven, accompanied by a nice crunchy green salad and a glass of beer.
- The flamiche or flamique is a kind of tart, salty or sweet, originating in the North and Flanders. The word of Flemish origin simply means cake. In the past, it was a pancake of bread dough that was eaten hot, drizzled with melted butter.
The most famous is the leek flamiche which exists in different versions, in a pie or a pie, garnished or not with maroilles, the flagship of local cheeses.
Brown in egg yolk or egg?
- To brown with the egg yolk, dilute it with a little water and brush, using a brush, the surface to be browned.
- To brown with the egg, beat it into an omelet and brush.
Add a pinch of salt or sugar depending on the type of preparation (salty or sweet).
Wine to accompany the flamiche with leeks
The softness and the fondant of the appliance come to coat the fibrous nature of the vegetable and the crunchiness of the dough, giving this great classic a generous texture, while the smells essentially play on the opposition and the complementarity between the milky notes and those, vegetable, of the leek just raised by the spicy heat of nutmeg.
The Picardy origin of this dish naturally reminds us of an association with a blond beer marked by hops, whose floral and citrus aromas will highlight the leek. A white Duras wine made from the Sauvignon grape can also create the same type of accord.
Conversely, a fruity red, with sustained acidity like a Reuilly, will attenuate the vegetal dimension to the benefit of the milky aromatic character while correcting, through its freshness in the mouth, the fatty sensation highlighted.
Words from the kitchen
Apparatus : mixture of several elements used in the preparation of a dish (eg: soufflé machine).
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan