Clélia offers us a variant of the strawberry pie on a bed of whipped mascarpone, it gives the pie creaminess and does not weigh it down.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 500 g of strawberries
- 250 g of mascarpone
- 6 tablespoons of redcurrant jelly
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
For the shortbread dough,
- 100g of flour,
- 30 g of ground almonds,
- 30 g of sugar,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 80 g butter, 1 egg yolk
Strawberry mascarpone pie recipe
To make the shortbread yourself,
- Combine all the dry ingredients and the soft butter in pieces in a bowl to obtain a sandy mixture.
- make a well in the center of this mixture into which you pour the egg.
- Mix everything, gradually adding the egg.
- You should have a smooth ball of dough, if it is too crumbly, add a little water to it. For those who have a robot, put it all in your machine!
- When your dough is ready, crumple it directly into your pie pan (you stretch it and roll it out to the edge) and place it in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
1- Bake your shortbread dough in the oven preheated to 180 ° for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven, unmold it in a pie dish and let cool.
2- Wash and hull your strawberries. Dry them on a clean tea towel or paper towel.
3- Whip your mascarpone with an electric mixer with the 3 tablespoons of vanilla sugar. The mascarpone will be “relaxed”, more flexible and easier to work with.
4- Melt your currant jelly in the microwave or in a saucepan. (about 30 sec in the microwave). It must be quite liquid. With a brush, generously spread the bottom of your shortbread dough.
5- With a spoon, spread your vanilla mascarpone on top so as to cover the entire tart base.
6- Place your dried strawberries on top. Use your brush to brush the currant jelly over the strawberries to give them a nice shine. Again, be generous!
7- Reserve in the fridge before serving.
Find all of Clélia's recipes on her blog, Cleliaiscooking
Enjoy your meal !