Cheesecake is normally very, very rich.
Clélia gives us a recipe for cheesecake light which has proven to be successful.
Ingredients for 8 people:
For the tart shell:
- 500 g of speculos
- 200g soft butter
For the cream:
- 400g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 200 g of cottage cheese
- the juice and zest of a lemon
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 80 g sugar
- 2 egg whites
- a few strawberries
Lean cheesecake recipe
1- Prepare the tart shell:
- Mix your speculos and the soft butter to obtain a homogeneous paste. If you have a pie pan with a removable bottom use it. Otherwise line a pan with parchment paper and place a layer of the speculos / butter mixture at the bottom of the pan.
- Tamp well to distribute over the entire surface and even out.
- Leave to rest in the fridge.
2- Soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water.
3- Mix the fromage blanc, cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest
4- Heat the lemon juice and when it starts to boil,
- Remove from the heat and add the squeezed gelatin sheets
- Mix with a whisk until the gelatin is well melted
- Add to the fromage blanc / cream cheese mixture
5- Beat the egg whites until stiff. (little reminder: when you turn your bowl upside down, the egg whites should not move) and add delicately to the previous mixture.
6- Take out your tart shell and add the cream cheese mousse on top of the speculos.
- Level with a spatula or spoon
- Leave to cool for a few hours (the day before for the next day, that's perfect!)
7- Just before serving, unmold your cake and decorate with the strawberries as you wish (in slices, whole, in quarters, in cubes: send me your photos!)
There you go, I hope you enjoy this recipe. We liked it very much because we found this cheesecake very very fresh and not stuffy.
We are happy to help each other
With the speculos base, lemon mousse and the freshness of strawberries on top, this is a perfect dessert for Spring!
Enjoy your meal !
Find the recipe on the Clélia's blog and all its delicious ideas for cooking