Here is the delicious thin anchovy tart, easy to make, crispy and light.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 petals of candied tomatoes
- 80 g of reblochon
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 24 anchovy fillets in oil
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
For the anchovy sauce:
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil
- 10 cl of fish stock
- 5 cl of liquid cream (30% M.F.)
- Freshly ground pepper
Thin anchovy tarts
For the sauce, take the butter out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before using it so that it softens.
- Cut the candied tomatoes into pieces.
- Cut the reblochon into thin slices.
- Cut out puff pastry discs about 12 cm in diameter. Prick them with a fork.
- Beat the egg into an omelet, brush the edges of the dough with a brush. On each disc, divide 6 marinated anchovy fillets drained on top, in the shape of a star. Arrange a few pieces of candied tomatoes and a few slices of reblochon.
- Reserve in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the anchovy sauce:
- Mix the anchovy fillets.
- Place the butter in a bowl, work with a fork until a consistency resembling that of an ointment.
- Incorporate the mixed anchovy fillets.
- Pour the fish stock into a saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce slightly.
- Add the cream, reduce again then incorporate the very cold anchovy butter, season with pepper. Keep warm.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th. 7).
- Bake the anchovy tarts and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place the pies on plates with the sauce, garnish with thyme twigs.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel