Meat with a tender heart and deliciously flavored with Roquefort, this veal filet mignon recipe with Roquefort sauce is as easy as it is quick to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 veal filet mignon (about 800 g)
- 1 apple
- 45 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 10 cl of white wine
- 10 cl of veal stock
- 50 g of Roquefort
- 25 cl of fresh cream
- 200 g button mushrooms
- Salt pepper
Veal filet mignon, Roquefort sauce
- Peel, seed and grate the apple.
- In a casserole dish, melt 25 g of 1/2 salted butter, sear the veal filet mignon on all sides. To take it out. In the same casserole dish, place the grated apple, brown for 2 minutes and replace the meat. Deglaze with white wine and pour in the veal stock. Season. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Add the cream. Remove the meat, bring the cooking liquid to a boil until the sauce thickens. Reheat the meat and melt the Roquefort.
- Clean the mushrooms.
- In a frying pan, melt 20 g of 1/2 salted butter, sauté the mushrooms, add them to the contents of the casserole dish. Check the seasoning.
Serve the veal filet mignon with the hot Roquefort sauce!
- This recipe can be served with rice.
- In the fall, the apple can also be replaced by pear in this recipe.
- Roquefort was the first French cheese to have benefited from a controlled designation of origin.
Words from the kitchen
Deglaze: dissolve in a liquid (water, vinegar, crème fraîche, wine, veal stock, etc.) the cooking juices attached to the bottom of the container after cooking. You should then rub the pan with a spatula to release them and mix them with the liquid. They will be useful for preparing a sauce.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret