Deliciously scented, this Apple and Spice Turnovers recipe is also easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
Applesauce with spices
- 4 apples
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 5 cl of citrus juice
- 1 tbsp. heaped tablespoon of raisins
- 1 pinch of 4 spices
- 100g of flour
- 60 g of water
- 125 g semi-salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 cl of milk
- 1 tbsp. level tablespoons of icing sugar
Read also: health benefits and virtues of apples
For the compote:
- In a saucepan, melt the semi-salted butter, and add the
chopped apples, honey, citrus juice and raisins.
- Cook together, stirring regularly for 10 minutes.
- Crush the compote with a fork. Reserve.
For the puff pastry:
- Sift flour. Place it in a cold bowl.
- Pour in the water, add the salt. Mix.
- Add the very cold butter cut into small pieces.
- Mix. Shape the resulting dough into a ball.
- Film and reserve in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a roller so as to form a rectangle.
- Fold it by bringing one third of the dough (lower part) to the other middle third. Then bring the last third (upper part) over the whole: the dough is folded in three. Repeat the operation.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat the operation (practice 4 laps in total).
- The 4 laps have been completed. Let sit again for 20 minutes before using your paste.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6)
- Roll out the dough on a work surface.
- Using a cookie cutter or a tall glass, cut out discs of pasta.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk, icing sugar and milk with a fork.
- Brush the edges of the dough discs up to 5 mm inwards.
- Place in the center the applesauce with spices.
- Fold the circle of puff pastry and pinch with your fingertips. The milk / egg mixture must adhere the puff pastry.
- Using a brush, brush each slipper.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on a rack before tasting!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret