Delicious fall and winter, this cider pork loin, mashed apple and celery recipe is simply delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 pork loin (160 g each)
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 shallot
- 1 onion
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 15 cl of cider
- 10 cl of chicken broth
- Salt pepper
Apple and celery puree
- 1 celery ball
- 3 apples
- 5 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- Coarse salt
- Salt pepper
Pork loin in cider, apple and celery purée
For the apple and celery puree:
- Peel and wash the apples and celery.
- Cook all the vegetables in boiling salted water with coarse salt until they are tender. Pass them through a vegetable mill, incorporate the 5 cl of liquid cream, season and keep warm.
- Peel, wash and cut the shallot and onion into thin slices.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrot into small cubes.
- In a pan,
- Melt the butter and sear the chines for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Season.
- Halfway through cooking, add the vegetables.
- Remove the chines from the pan, keep them warm.
- Pour the cider and chicken broth into the pan.
- Bring to a boil until the juice thickens.
Serve the loin and the mash on a hot plate with a bead of sauce!
The loin is a piece of pork whose meat is streaky, tender and tasty. When purchased, the backbone should be clear, slightly pink with a tight grain and a dense and very white fat. In order for the loin to be tender when tasted, it should not be cooked immediately out of the refrigerator, but allowed to soak up the room temperature for a few minutes.
CELLAR SIDE: Raw cider
Well-being and apple
- As part of physical activities, the components of the apple act in a beneficial way on the body, before, during and after exertion. The apple is, along with the grape, the fruit offering the most beneficial and varied qualities. It is one of the best medicinal fruits, nourishing both muscle fiber and nerve fiber.
To read also: health benefits and virtues of apples
- Alcohol in cooking is a component that evaporates, 1 g of alcohol provides 7 calories.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan