Here is a small gourmet recipe based on parsnip, Serrano ham and homemade infusion made with apple, verbena, ginger, lime blossom and lemongrass.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 slices of Consorcio Serrano ham
- 500 g of parsnip
- 2 onions
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 1 liter of whole pasteurized milk
- 3 tbsp. fresh cream
- Salt and pepper from the mill.
- For the night dream(homemade infusion): 30 cl of apple juice, 1 sachet of lemon verbena, 1 sachet of lime blossom, 20 g of fresh ginger, 3 gelatin leaves.
From mashed parsnip :
- Peel and wash the parsnip and onions.
- Roughly chop the parsnip and chop the onions.
In a casserole dish,
- Sweat the onions in butter, add the parsnip and let brown lightly.
- Add 70 cl of milk and cook over medium heat until the parsnip is soft at the core, then mix to obtain a fine purée.
Midsummer Apple Espuma:
- Infuse the sachets of lemon verbena, lime blossom and the ginger cut into thin slices in the warm apple juice for 20 minutes.
- Filter the infusion with a Chinese and melt the 3 gelatin leaves in the apple juice.
Pour into a siphon and prime with 2 gas cartridges, or whip the apple juice into a bowl placed on a bed of ice with an electric whisk. Keep cold.
- Cut with a knife a thin brunoise of Consorcio Serrano ham.
- Heat the parsnip puree and relax it with the crème fraîche and a little milk.
- Check the seasoning.
Serve the mash in soup plates, then the apple foam on top. Sprinkle with the ham brunoise.
Consorcio Serrano ham, parsnip purée: © ICEX / Julien Mota