Here's how to start the day with energy by making a simple tonic breakfast recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 20 cl of milk
- 40 g of muesli (Grillon d´Or type)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 400g applesauce (no added sugar)
- 4 sheep's or cow's milk yogurts
- 2 tbsp. blond raisins
- 1 tbsp. coffee spices (your choice)
- 1 tbsp. of a mixture of seeds
- In a saucepan, pour the milk, heat and add the muesli.
Mix and let the preparation swell, then let cool, about 15 minutes.
- Crush the bananas, add the compote, mix well.
- In bowls, pour the yoghurts, then the muesli, the banana compote and the raisins. Sprinkle with spices and seeds. Enjoy immediately!
Find out more about bananas
Banana: Native to Southeast Asia, the banana is born from the strange inflorescence of the banana tree, a giant herbaceous plant made up of immense leaf sheaths giving the impression of a trunk (hence the frequent confusion with a tree) . The first domesticated and marketed fruit in the world, the banana remains today one of the main human food resources after rice, wheat and corn. Produced in more than 150 countries, the so-called "dessert" banana (as opposed to the so-called "cooking" plantain) is the second most cultivated fruit on our planet after the orange. If India, Brazil, China and Ecuador are the export champions, the fruit on French shelves (most often the cavendish variety) is imported from the Canaries, the French Antilles, the Cameroon and Côte d'Ivoire.
Read also: benefits and virtues of bananas
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche