Deliciously scented, this recipe for salmon steak and its red wine sauce is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g of salmon fillets with skin
- 800 g of leeks quite small
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 200 g ofshallots
- 1 onion
- 150g butter
- 5 cl of liquid cream
- 75 cl of red Loire wine
- 1/2 liter of freeze-dried fish stock
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 50g toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cl of olive oil
- 1 bunch of chervil
- 1 branch of thyme
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 1 pinch of Guérande sea salt, pepper
Salmon steak mirrored with red wine
- Peel the carrot and onion. Wash the mushrooms and leeks.
- Slice all the vegetables without mixing them.
- Make a bouquet garni by combining the thyme, bay leaf and half the bouquet of chervil.
- Cook the onions in 30 g of butter and 1 cl of oil. Give a little coloring. Add the carrot and mushrooms. Add the red wine, add the bouquet garni. Boil, flambé.
- Add the fish stock and the sugar. Cook to boil until 1/4 liter of liquid remains. Switch to Chinese and reserve.
- Season the salmon steaks with salt, pepper and sesame. Cook them in a pan in 1 cl of oil and 30 g of butter.
- Steam the leeks in 30 g of butter. Season and add the liquid cream.
- Reduce the stock again and whisk in the butter so that this sauce takes on a shiny appearance.
- On a plate, arrange a mirror of sauce, the salmon steak, a small strip of leeks sprinkled with sesame. Garnish with a sprig of chervil.
If your stock seems too liquid to you, bind it with starch before whipping it in butter.
Recipe: V. Poussard, Photo: S. Thommeret