Here is the recipe for the gratin with forgotten vegetables, parsnip, pumpkin, purple carrot with Curé Nantes.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 parsnip
- ½ pumpkin
- 4 carrots purple
- 1 Nantais priest (or others)
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
> Health: health benefits and virtues of Jerusalem artichoke
Recipe for forgotten vegetables and cheese gratin
- Peel and chop only one of the 2 garlic cloves.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Pre-cook them with steam, they must remain al dente. Drain them. Cut them into strips.
- Crust the cheese and cut it into strips.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th. 6).
- In a gratin dish, pass a clove of garlic, butter and arrange the vegetables in varying colors.
- Add the cheese alternately with the vegetables.
- Season with salt, pepper, sprinkle with chopped garlic and cream.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
In the evening, serve this dish with a salad.
For lunch, serve it with red meat or poultry.
You can replace these vegetables with rutabagas, Jerusalem artichokes, potatoes, etc.
Learn more about the purple carrot
The ancestor of our contemporary carrot, its domestication would have appeared in the 10th century, first in the present region of Afghanistan, then in Asia and Europe. Its color is given to it by a natural pigment (anthocyanin) also present in
plums, vitelottes, blackberries, blueberries, eggplants, black grapes ...
Wellness and full cream
Recognizable by a red marking (cap, packaging, etc.), the whole cream contains at least 30% fat,
its liquid or creamy texture having no effect on its lipid content.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel