Whether for spiritual, religious or health reasons, fasttoday is synonymous with physical cleaning, of mental cleansing.
During this process, the body will come to rest in order to expel any toxic material or substance. The various organs and devices will thus undergo a deep cleaning by eliminating the so-called "unnecessary" cells.
Ability to refocus on oneself, energy boost, weight loss, emotional balance, total detoxification of the body ... are some resultsto which end a youngpracticed with delicacy, followedand precautions.
Do you want to give the various functions of your body a break? Fasting is certainly the solution, but it should be noted that this practice is not without dangers.
What form of fasting to practice for beneficial results?
Let’s explore the contours of an effective fast through a well-established program, both with foods and drinks to favor, and those to avoid. (Photo © Hetizia)
Read also :
- Definition and main principles of fasting
- Partial or total fasting, program and recommendation
Fasting safely: it's possible!
Among the privileged fasts, we can find the water fast. Very easy to practice and tolerated by beginners, water fasting involves depriving yourself of solid foods and consuming exclusively liquid foods.
How to fast efficiently and safely?
To enjoy the benefits of such a practice, it is imperative to follow a few tips.
Never embark on an unprepared fast, at the risk of seeing your body suffer disastrous consequences. For this purpose, impose a programstrict fasting:
- The first step is to prepare your body by doing a checkup. This will allow you to make sure that your body has the capacity to endure a fast.
- Consider gradually reducing the amount of foods you usually eat, a few days before the start of the fast. The day before, eat lightlyand prefer juices fruits, the vegetablesfor easy disposal.
During the fast:
- Do not hesitate to you hydrateregularly avoiding carbonated drinks and caffeine;
- Calm down (limit your connection to your smartphone, television, computer) and get enough sleep;
- Avoid sources of conflict and
The end of your fasting period is a crucial time to get your body back to consuming solid foods. A better controlled and healthier diet, avoiding old bad habits, will give him a new start.
Control your diet and now adopt a better lifestyle. For it :
- Limit or even eliminate foods with a high sugar content (cakes, pancakes, ice cream, etc.);
- Avoid fat and any food that contains it;
- Practice a regular sport activity;
- Include more vegetables in your diet;
Foods Allowed During the Fast
Going without food for a given and especially reasonable period of time is to say that the choice of the rate at which you want to fast is also your responsibility.
The results you get will depend mostly on these parameters. Regardless, during your fast, hydrate yourself enough, make sure to maintain a relatively balanced diet and opt for the consumption of:
- fresh fruit (preferably in the morning);
- vegetables and starches with a low glycemic index;
- dried fruits (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, dates, etc.) but in small quantities.
On the other hand, if you may have chosen to detoxify yourself by water fasting and want to get the most out of it, then it is imperative to consume only liquid foods, but not all!
What are they ?
With the exception ofwater(weakly mineralized) which remains an essential to take during all types of fasting, the drinkable liquids during the water fast are:
- fresh fruit juices (preferably in the morning);
- herbal teas;
- vegetable broths without pieces (at dinner).
For a period of 5 days, you can set up a simple fasting program, but which will meet your expectations both physically and mentally.
Stay hydrated while fasting
Between fresh fruit juice, herbal teas possibly sweetened with honey, vegetable broths, vary the pleasures, without neglecting water of course!
While hydration is a must during any fasting, not all drinks are recommended.
To preserve your health, drinks to avoid are:
- acidic fruit juices (tomato, pineapple, citrus juices);
- the alcohol
- soft drinks and / or sodas
- vegetable milks
- rice, oat, almond, hazelnut milk, etc.
Plants for an effective fast
Some medicinal plantsare recommended during the fast. Their ability to stimulate purificationof the bodymake them indispensable in this cleaning process.
Organic plants (burdock, dandelion, fumitory, artichoke leaf) prepared in the form of herbal tea, decoction or infusion, are to be consumed during the day.
Organs such as the liver, gall bladder, kidneys and even the skin are assisted and supported in their various functions by these depurative plants, which promote the detox of the body.
Because of the sometimes irritating or hypoglycemic effects, a specialist will help you establish a fasting program, so as to distribute the intake of these herbal teas well over the day. This provision will also limit the depurationwho can be excessive.
GOOD TO KNOW about fasting
During fasting, the body loses its eating habits and must readjust to the new ones. The energy reserves are quickly exhausted and the sources are no longer important.
- The body is no longer receiving enough energy from its new food. You can quickly become feverish as the temperature drops. Remember to cover yourself up so you don't get cold.
- Organize small sessions (around 30 min) of outdoor walking. This will help the body to flush out toxins.
- Avoid too hot baths
- Paying special attention to your oral hygiene will help keep your breath fresh.
- Eliminate spices from your diet.
- In case of nausea during the fast, think of ginger! A simple infusion of fresh rhizomes will soften them.