Treat yourself with this delicious quiche in pastry sheets with bacon and arugula.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 tbsp. heaped tablespoon of cornstarch
- 20 cl of milk
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 4 pastry sheets
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 100 g of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 25 g grated Emmental
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Quiche in pastry sheets, bacon and arugula
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the milk and set aside.
- Melt the semi-salted butter and brush each pastry sheet with it.
Layer them and place them in a pie pan.
- Wash and chop the arugula. Place it on the bottom with the bacon.
- In a salad bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the liquid cream over the beaten eggs. Add the mixture of milk and starch. Check the seasoning. Pour over the pie shell. Add the grated Emmental and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve this dish with mixed greens or sprouts.
Find out more about milk
Cow's milk is more commonly consumed and used in the manufacture of dairy products (cheeses, yogurts, creams, butters, etc.), failing goat and sheep milk, or even buffalo, yak and camel milk, much less known.
Its neutral taste and its culinary virtues make it an essential ally for many preparations: it can emulsify, sweeten, gel, fix aromas and promote coloring. It is thus used to brown puff pastry, preserve the whiteness of fish and desalt them, soften soups and purees, rehydrate dried fruits, make cooking bases, give them softness and smoothness ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret