Easy, quick and inexpensive at the same time, this zucchini and beetroot roast recipe is as delicious as it is original.
Try this delicious and colorful recipe without delay and you will be won over!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 beet
- 1 courgette
- 50 g grated Emmental
- 6 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. oil soup
- 50 g butter
- Freshly ground pepper
Zucchini and beetroot rostis
- Wash, peel and grate the beetroot.
- Wash, dry and grate the zucchini without peeling it.
- Drain them well. (If necessary put them in coarse salt for 15 minutes, then drain well)
- Mix the vegetables and the cheese. Pepper.
- Form the rösti into pancakes, coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in a non-stick pan, place the rosti in it (don't too thick, do it in several batches if necessary). Flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Cook for 2 minutes over high heat and turn over. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and blot on absorbent paper. Season.
As a starter with a salad or as an accompaniment to a main course;
As an aperitif, to enjoy with your fingertips!
You can change Emmental with Reblochon, Old Cantal or Bleu D'Auvergne.
Learn more about Emmental
In the Middle Ages, the large wheels of this aging cheese made it possible to store generous quantities of milk for the winter.
Clearly distinguished from the 19th century in France and Switzerland, Emmental quickly experienced flowering production.
Preciously crafted in its historical cradle of production (Grand Ouest de la France), the superior quality Grand Cru variety was awarded a Label Rouge in 1979, and became IGP in 1996.
- To discover: our recipes with zucchini
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel