The pumpkin and zucchini velouté is a real delight, packed with flavor and smoothness.
Achievable from the first pumpkin harvest, we also benefit from the courgettes of the moment.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- Half of a pumpkin (Approximately 500 g)
If the pumpkin is bigger, cut it into pieces and freeze the rest
- 2 courgettes (approx 500 g)
- 100 g heavy cream
- 50 cl of chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- salt pepper
- grilled croutons
- a few strands ofaromatic herbs (parsley, chervil or tarragon)
Pumpkin and courgette velouté recipe:
The pumpkin is ideal for velouté recipes because it brings a slight taste of chestnut. Mixed with zucchini, it is a subtle marriage of lightness, flavor and creaminess.
- Remove the ends of the pumpkin
- Then remove the seeds and stringy parts of the pumpkin
- Peel the pumpkin (if necessary because sometimes the skin is so thin that it is unnecessary) and the zucchini using a peeler
- Cut the pumpkin and zucchini into large pieces
- Steam, cook the pumpkin and zucchini together.
You can use a pot of salted water if you prefer this cooking method
- Steaming time is approximately 20 minutes
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic then sweat everything in a pan with a little olive oil
- Prepare and reheat the chicken broth
- Pass all the vegetables in a blender
- Pour in the broth as you go
- Add the sour cream
- Salt, pepper
You can serve the velvety pumpkin and zucchini, garnished with aromatic herbs and grilled croutons, it's delicious ...
As a decoration you can add a little paprika on the top as in the photo.
Enjoy your meal !
- To discover: our recipes with zucchini