A delicious seasonal recipe, watercress soup is a real treat!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 bunch of cress (approx 400g)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 knob of butter
- A liter of water
- 1 tbsp of crème fraîche (optional)
- Salt and pepper from the mill
Read also: all our articles and recipes dedicated to watercress
Watercress soup recipe
Start by peeling the potatoes and then washing them under cold water.
Cut the potatoes into very small pieces.
Cut the watercress stems to keep only the leaves, then wash the watercress leaves.
Chop the shallot.
In a pot or saucepan,
Melt the knob of butter over low heat then add the watercress leaves to soften them.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the watercress with the chopped shallot.
- Then add the small pieces of potato.
- Finally, add the water.
- Cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Salt, pepper
For extra creaminess, you can add a tablespoon of crème fraîche.
We can also add parsley chiseled, the flavors blend perfectly.
Enjoy your meal !
Health tip about watercress
Like the spinach but with an even higher content, the healthy watercress is rich in iron but also in vitamins and low in calories, it is the ally of all diets. (Photo © silencefoto)