Spring is finally signaling the arrival of asparagus, so here is a delicious salmon-based recipe that should delight your taste buds ...
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 salmon steaks of approx. 150g
- 24 asparagus (ideally 12 green and 12 white)
- 1 shallot
- 1 dash of wine vinegar
- 10 cl of white wine
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- A few mesclun leaves
- 1 lemon
- Dill, parsley, coriander, tarragon, chervil
- Salt pepper
Salmon with asparagus recipe
The recipe for salmon with asparagus is best made with fresh asparagus, i.e. in early spring.
Preparation of asparagus,
- Peel the asparagus, wash them then tie them together
- Boil a large pot of salted water
- Dip the asparagus and cook for 20 minutes, drain and keep warm
Prepare the sauce,
- While the asparagus is cooking
- Blanch the shallot in a saucepan with a little butter and olive oil
- Add a dash of vinegar, 10 cl of white wine and the lemon juice
- Reduce by half and add 1 knob of butter and 15 cl of liquid cream
- Finally add the chopped fresh herbs (Dill, parsley, coriander, tarragon, chervil)
- Mix everything well and keep warm
Cook the salmon steaks,
- Start by removing all the edges and cleaning them with clean water
- Place the salmon steaks on the grill or in a pan and cook on their skin for about ten minutes
It is then time to dress by placing on each plate, 1 slab of salmon, 6 asparagus, a few mesclun leaves, 1 cherry tomato cut in 2 and all topped with sauce.
Enjoy your meal !