Here is an easy and delicious recipe and a happy marriage between lamb and apple with this lamb confit with apples.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 bag of black tea
- 25 cl of water
- 200 g of dried apricots
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 600 g of cooking apples
- 1 onion
- ½ tsp. 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 tbsp. teaspoon of turmeric
- 800 g shoulder ’lamb
- 20 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g of brown sugar
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Lamb confit with apples
Put the tea bag to infuse in hot water, swell the dried apricots in it.
In a dry pan, roast the cashews.
- Peel and cut the apples into quarters.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
In a ramekin, prepare the mixture of spices.
- Cut the shoulder of lamb into large cubes.
- In a casserole dish, brown it in the melted butter.
- Brown over low heat.
- Remove the meat, instead, brown the onions in the cooking juices.
- Return the meat, add the crushed garlic cloves, sugar and half the dried fruits.
Pour the spices over the whole. Add salt and adjust the seasoning with spices or pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- After 1 hour 30 minutes, add the apples, remaining apricots, cashews and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with wheat semolina or quinoa.
Learn more about lamb
A traditional Easter dish, lamb is now also eaten daily. Tender and tasty, this easy meat
and quick to prepare reveals different flavors depending on the type of breeding, the region, the breed and the age of the animal.
- Also to discover: the shoulder of lamb confit with herbs
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel