One-sided salmon involves cooking the salmon fillet on one side only on a hot coals, usually on the barbecue or over a wood fire.
Both tender and tasty, this is undoubtedly one of the noblest ways to taste salmon, which reveals all its secrets.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 thick fillet of salmon, about 650 g
- Some pink berries
- A few strands of rosemary
One-sided salmon recipe
Here is a recipe that can be done on the barbecue in summer or by the fireplace in winter if you have one.
Start by lighting the fire or barbecue. If it is a wood fire you should light the fire 1 to 2 hours before in order to have good embers.
Take out the salmon fillet,
- Season the top with a few pink berries
- Add a few sprigs of rosemary and dill
Place the salmon fillet on a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid burning the underside
- Place the salmon skin side down on the barbecue grill or on the wood fire
- Cook for ten minutes, or even a little longer if the salmon is very thick
- Do not flip the salmon
The whole point of one-sided salmon is that it cooks on one side only and leaves the top meat almost raw.
You can serve as an accompaniment a good Ratatouille lukewarm, one leek fondue, or a steamed potato, it's delicious!
Enjoy your meal !