Light and deliciously spicy, you will succumb to this delicious recipe for shrimp curry with vegetables.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 30 to 40 peeled shrimps
- 1 broccoli
- 100g red beans (azuki)
- 1 carrot
- 2 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 20 g of butter ½ salt
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- 1 tbsp. short coffee curry
- 2 tbsp. coarse salt
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Shrimp curry recipe
- Soak the red beans for 4 hours.
- Cook them according to the cooking method and time indicated on the packaging
- Keep warm.
- Wash the vegetables.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into mirepoix.
- Cut the courgettes and also cut them into mirepoix.
- Peel and mince the onion.
- Separate the tops from the broccoli.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the coarse salt and pre-cook the broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Drain it and run it under a stream of cold water.
- In a sauté pan, melt 10 g of butter and cook the mirepoix of vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the vegetables and keep warm. They should be crunchy.
- In the same sauté pan, melt the remaining 10 g of butter and sweat the chopped onion. Add the shrimp and brown.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour in the curry and the liquid cream.
Bring to a low boil and serve.
Chef's B.A.ba : Serve with Basmati rice
According to the Western name, curry is a very common spice preparation in Indian cuisine.
It is found in powder or paste form.
Depending on its composition, it can be very sweet or very hot (spicy), but it is usually very fragrant.
You can serve this recipe as a main course but also as a starter by reducing the doses per person by half.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan