Here is a langoustine salad both fruity and full of freshness.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 curly salad
- 16 langoustines live caliber 20/30
- 2 untreated oranges
- 4 lemongrass leaves
- 30 cl of shellfish stock
- 5 cl of pure orange juice
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. liquid honey
- Fine salt
- Ground red pepper
Langoustine salad with orange
- Wash an orange. Using a zester, remove the zest from the orange. Blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes. Refresh, drain.
- Peel the 2 oranges raw. Lift the segments. Reserve.
- In a salad bowl, emulsify all the elements of the sauce.
- Clean and prepare the curly salad.
- Cook the langoustines in the boiling fish stock, 3 to 4 minutes. Shell them. Keep the heads for the decoration.
- Chop the lemongrass leaves.
- Arrange the salad on the bottom of the plate. Harmoniously place the orange segments, peeled langoustines, orange zest and chopped lemongrass leaves. Serve with the vinaigrette.
You can use frozen langoustines. They must be allowed to thaw for 6 hours in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator.
Words from the kitchen
Peel raw : remove the skin of a citrus fruit (lemon, orange, grapefruit) to remove both the rind and the white skin covering the flesh. No skin should remain on the pulp.
Zest: outer part of the skin of a citrus fruit (orange, lemon, grapefruit ...). When removing zest, it is best to avoid removing the white part (lower layer of the skin), the bitter part. It is advisable to take zest from untreated or "organic" citrus fruits.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan