The raw tuna and fennel tartare from the market is a delicious recipe that can be enjoyed throughout the year, but whose freshness makes it an ideal starter in spring and summer.
Quick and easy, here's how to make a market tuna and fennel tartare in just a few minutes.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 tuna steaks of approximately 150 gr
- 1 shallot
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Salt pepper
Tuna and fennel tartare recipe
The success of this recipe lies in the mix of flavors and the freshness of ingredients used.
- Cut the tuna into small cubes, taking care to remove all the bones if there are any
- Chop the shallot fairly thinly
- Roughly chop the cilantro
- Prepare a small mayonnaise
The fact of making a Homemade mayonnaise is much better than using the one you buy in the store.
This mayonnaise doesn't need to be thick and can even be slightly runny.
- So mix the egg yolk, oil and mustard
- Stir in the shallot, chives and lemon juice
- Finally add the diced tuna
- Keep cool for 2 hours about
Preparation of fennel:
Fennel is a vegetable that can be eaten both raw and cooked, in this recipe we will use it raw.
- Slice the fennel into thin slices
- Marinate them in a little olive oil mixed with lemon and coriander
- Salt, pepper
- Let marinate for 1 hour
Arrange this preparation on plates with the tartare in the middle.
Surround the tartare with strips of fennel and garnish with a little green salad, lettuce, chewed up, rocket or Oak Leaf
The tartare can be served as is with a slice of toast.
Enjoy your meal !