Fine and delicate, sea bream pairs perfectly with bacon in this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 fillets bream (180 g each)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 10 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 4 onions
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 8 baby onions
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Pan-fried sea bream, bacon sauce
- Peel, wash and mince the onions.
- Peel, wash and cut the stems of the baby onions.
- Heat a dry pan, lightly grill 4 slices of bacon, keep them warm.
Place the rest of the slices, pour in the liquid cream, bring to the boil and reduce for 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and mix. Reserve the sauce in a bain-marie.
- In a frying pan, melt 30 g of butter, add the sliced onions, sprinkle with sugar, cook 45 minutes over low heat until a compote is obtained.
- Melt 20 g of butter in a sauté pan, add the baby onions, sprinkle with sugar and pour water halfway up the onions.
Season and cook until the water evaporates. The onions should be tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, cook the fish fillets for 5 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness)
- On hot plates, place a nest of onion fondue and a few glazed onions. Place the fish and a slice of grilled bacon, pour a bead of bacon sauce.
- It is possible to replace the onion compote with a mushroom duxelle (minced mushrooms cooked in butter with shallots and parsley).
- For the sauce, the bacon can be replaced by slices of smoked bacon.
CELLAR SIDE: Saumur Champigny
Words from the kitchen
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Calories per person: 348
Bacon is low in fat, i.e. 1 g of fat per slice.
Photo: C. Herlédan