As a starter or as an aperitif tapas, this recipe for bacon toast, tomato compote and sucrine is a treat!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 sprig of rosemary fresh
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 sucrine
- 4 slices of bacon to grill
- 4 slices of country bread
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Bacon toast, tomato compote and sucrine
- Wash and remove the leaves from the rosemary.
- Grind the tomatoes. Cut them in half and seed them. Cut them into small cubes.
- Peel the shallot and the garlic (degerm it) and chop them.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, sweat the shallot in it. Add the tomatoes, garlic, bouquet garni, rosemary and sugar. Cook until the water from the vegetation has evaporated. Season and let cool (about 1 hour).
- Wash and cut the sucrine in four.
- On a plancha or barbecue, grill the bacon and then the sucrine.
- Toast the slices of bread, then place the tomato compote, the grilled bacon and the sucrine. Season if necessary.
Scenting everyday dishes, aromatic plants are essential in the kitchen. Many and varied, it is not easy to have them all the time. Mint, basil, thyme, dill, parsley, chive, sorrel, tarragon, coriander, chervil... so as not to deprive yourself of their flavors, several solutions exist:
- Dehydrated herbs: long-lasting, practical packaging, they fit into a corner of the cupboard.
- Frozen herbs: higher quality than dehydrated herbs, they retain their flavors more, you just need a little space in the freezer.
- Fresh herbs: full of vitamins, taste and freshness, nothing replaces them. To avoid the constraint of a regular purchase, they can be grown in a corner of the garden or in a container on the balcony. Grown at home or bought at the market, you can also wash, dry, cut and freeze them yourself for use all year round!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel