Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 large onions
- 8 shallots
- 8 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp. 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tsp. Espelette pepper
- 3 pinches of fleur de sel
- 1 leg of lamb
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. grape seed oil
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tbsp. level tablespoons of honey
- 50 cl of white wine
- 50 cl of broth
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation : 30 min -Cooking : 7 h
7-hour leg of lamb with spices
Preheat the oven to 130 ° C (th. 4/5).
- Peel the onions and shallots.
- Peel and degerm the garlic cloves.
- Chop the onions.
- In a ramekin, mix the spices with the fleur de sel.
- Prick the leg with the garlic cloves and coat it with spices.
- In a Dutch oven, melt the butter and oil. Color the leg. Add the chopped onions, thyme, rosemary and honey.
- Deglaze with the white wine and the broth. Cover and bake for 7 hours.
Serve the leg with coconuts from Paimpol.
Recipe : A. Beauvais -Photo : F. Hamel