A great alternative to traditional beef-carrot, this Beef with Carrots, Honey and Onion recipe is as delicious as it is easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of beef chuck
- 800 g of carrots
- 3 big onions
- 3 tbsp. of honey
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 2 tbsp. oil soup
- 4 tbsp. veal stock powder
- Salt pepper
Beef with carrots, honey and onions
- Peel and wash the carrots. Cut them into one centimeter rounds.
- Peel and cut the onions into quarters.
- Cut the paleron into cubes of 2.5 centimeters.
- In a casserole dish, heat the butter and oil, sear the meat on all sides until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Place the onions in the same casserole dish, brown them. Add the carrots, pieces of meat. Pour water halfway up. Season with salt and pepper then add the veal stock. Mix well. Leave to cook for 2h30 on low heat. At the end of this time, pour in the honey. Check the seasoning.
Continue cooking for 15 minutes.
The beef chuck : Part of the upper thigh located near the collar, short-fiber muscle and lean, crossed in its middle by a large nerve.
The chuck is above all a piece that must simmer for long hours. But it also makes excellent steaks as long as it's trimmed by the butcher.
Wellness and carrot
Carrot: Carrot, because of the abundance and originality of its fibers, can effectively regulate intestinal transit. It helps fight constipation by providing a supplement of particularly well-tolerated fiber in the diet. But, paradoxically, it is also effective in cases of diarrhea: soup or mashed carrots are then conventionally used. In fact, carrot fibers have a strong water retention capacity.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret