Beef Bourguignon honors beef, wine and marinade.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1.5 kg of beef (chuck, heel, scoter)
- 150 g of bacon
- 1 kg of carrots
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 150 g baby onions
- 1 liter of red wine
- 4 or 5 shallots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 bouquet garni
- 10 cl of olive oil
- Salt pepper
Beef bourguignon recipe
The beef bourguignon recipe can be made in the morning but will be much better if it is prepared the day before (24 hours in advance) so that the beef is well marinated.
For wine, preferably choose a wine from Burgundy or the south, rather powerful.
- Cut the meat into even-sized pieces of approximately 4 to 5 cm per side
- Peel and mince the onion
- Peel and cut the carrots into pieces
- Crush the garlic
- Put everything in a dish and pour in the red wine until the meat is completely covered
- Add the 2 peeled carrots, pepper and bouquet garni
- Marinate at least 6 hours (up to 24 hours) in the refrigerator
Once well marinated, the meat is ready to be cooked in a casserole dish, ideally in cast iron
- Remove the meat by draining it separately from the marinade so as to keep only the meat on one side, the vegetables on the other side and the wine on the other
- Heat the olive oil in the casserole dish
- Add the meat and brown each side for about 10 minutes
- Add the bacon, the vegetables from the marinade and brown for a few more minutes
- Then pour the marinade and cover the casserole dish
- Leave the leather on low heat for at least 2 hours
- After 2 hours, add the rest of the carrots
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the cooking as well as the onions
- Leave leather for another 45 minutes
- If the sauce is too liquid, you can correct it with starch (such as cornflour)
Once cooked, you can serve the beef bourguignon with steamed potatoes for a complete dish.
Beef bourguignon is even better the next day, when reheated ...
Enjoy your meal !