Here's a recipe that should appeal to more than one parent. To change from the traditional “potato” hamburger and fries, how about preparing a beef heart tomato burger with parsnip fries? This recipe is delicious, easy to make, healthy and inexpensive.
Treat your children while eating healthy, the dream. So everyone cooks!
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 parsnip
- 2 beef heart tomatoes
- 2 steaks, chopped
- 2 sheets of lettuce
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of acacia honey
- Salt pepper
Also read: our delicious homemade burger recipes
Beef heart tomato burger recipe with parsnip fries
Preparation of parsnip fries
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Peel the parsnip, then wash and dry it in a clean cloth.
- Cut the ends of the parsnip then slice it in 2. Chop them into thin slices.
- Place the fries in a dish.
- Put 1 teaspoon of acacia honey in a saucepan and heat the saucepan for one minute to make the honey runny. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil to the honey and pour it all over the fries in the dish.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 40 minutes in the oven at 180 °. Stir regularly so that the fries do not stick to the dish and cook evenly.
Preparation of the beef heart tomato burger
- Wash the tomatoes and cut a lid for each about 2/3 cm from the edge of the tomato.
- Hollow them out and empty them of their juice. Return the flesh to the inside of the tomatoes after blending. Those who like cooked tomatoes, it is possible to skip this step.
- Place them in a dish and put them in the oven with the parsnips for 35 min.
- 10 minutes before the tomatoes are finished cooking, cut the mozzarella ball in half.
- Slice the onion and gently place the rings in a pan to brown them.
- Cook the 2 chopped steaks
- Take out the tomatoes, lift the caps, arrange the chopped steaks, onion rings and mozzarella slice and put the caps back on. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Take out the parsnip fries and serve.
Presentation side: to wow your guests, young and old, opt for a presentation on a wooden cutting board. It will change from the traditional plate.
Good tasting !
Photo credit: Laetitia Devillars (photos not free of rights).