Like the famous Flemish stew, this dark beer beef recipe should be a treat for gourmets.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 55 g butter
- 4 slices of beef, 150 g each (chuck or twin)
- 30 cl of dark beer
- 20 cl of beef broth
- 1 bouquet garni
- 10 potatoes
- 1 tsp. tablespoon flour
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Beef with dark beer recipe
Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (th. 5).
- Peel, wash and mince the onions.
- In a sauté pan, melt 25 g of butter, place the meat in it, brown it for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same sauté pan, instead of the meat, place the onions, cook for 2 minutes and replace the meat. Pour in the beer and the broth, place the bouquet garni. Season and transfer everything to a cast iron casserole dish. Bake and cook for 2 hours.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut them into pieces and add them to the contents of the casserole dish 30 to 40 minutes before the end of cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining 30 g of butter and the flour.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, remove the meat, the bouquet garni, the potatoes and keep them warm. Return the casserole to the heat, when the juice it contains comes to a boil, add the contents of the bowl, stir until the mixture is set. Keep boiling for a few minutes then reintroduce the meat and potatoes, check the seasoning.
- To serve.
Words from the kitchen
Bind : modify a texture, give consistency to a sauce by adding binders: flour, starch, cream, egg, butter, blood, roux ...
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel