Light and easy to make, this salad of langoustines, mesclun, parmesan and smoked bacon is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 12 large langoustines
- 1 egg
- 50 g of parmesan
- 8 thin slices of smoked bacon
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 60 g of mesclun
- 1 leek white
- 25 cl of frying oil
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 6 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- Salt pepper
Mesclun and langoustines salad
- Bring water to a boil, gently immerse the egg in it, simmer for 10 minutes. Remove them and put them in very cold water to stop them from cooking. Then peel them. Cut the white into cubes, crumble the yolk. Reserve.
- Make shavings of Parmesan using a peeler.
For the vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, pour the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mustard and gradually pour in the oil while emulsifying.
- Shell the langoustines, keeping the fan that ends the tail.
Wrap them in a slice of bacon and hold with a wooden skewer.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, sear the langoustine tails for 3 minutes per side.
- Wash and wring out the mesclun, mix it with the vinaigrette, and divide it among 4 plates. Place 3 scampi tails on top. Sprinkle with the white and egg yolk, as well as the Parmesan shavings.
- Cut the leek white into fine julienne, wash it, drain it and fry it in very hot oil. Drain on absorbent paper, salt. Dome it over the salad.
To serve !
CELLAR SIDE: Riesling
Words from the kitchen
Scale : remove the shell from hard-boiled eggs.
Cut into fine julienne : Cut into regular slices 1 to 2 mm thick then layer and cut into filaments of a few centimeters = cut into thin sticks (eg leek julienne, orange zest julienne ...).
Calories per person: 370
To balance a menu with this salad: choose fresh fruit, a dairy product with 20% fat and country bread.
Photo: C. Herlédan