Delicious and very economical, this fennel gratin recipe will go perfectly with your fish and summer grills.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 bulbs fennel
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of tapenade
- 5 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1/2 peeled pepper (canned)
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream (30% fat)
- 1 mozzarella ball
- Coarse salt, salt, pepper
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (th.6).
- Remove the first leaves of the fennels as well as the often hard base.
Remove the leaves, wash them and place them in a pot of boiling salted water with coarse salt until they are tender. Cool them in ice water. Drain them on a clean cloth.
- Peel, degerm and chop the garlic.
- Cut the pepper into strips.
- Brush a gratin dish with olive oil, chopped garlic and tapenade, and spread the fennel there. Add a few anchovy fillets cut into 4 and a few strips of peppers.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan, cover the contents of the gratin dish with it and distribute the mozzarella previously cut into slices.
- Place in the oven and cook until the mozzarella melts.
- This recipe can be served with toast spread with eggplant caviar.
- If you don't like anchovies, you can replace them in the recipe with red mullet fillets.
CELLAR SIDE: Coteau du Languedoc
Words from the kitchen
Monder: peel a vegetable or fruit (peach, tomato, etc.) after having immersed it in boiling water for a few seconds, then cool it immediately in very cold water to stop cooking. The skin is then removed very easily.
Photo: C. Herlédan