Artichoke in vinaigrette is a must-have way to enjoy artichokes.
Both simple to make and so delicate in the mouth, here is the original recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 3 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 10 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of old-fashioned mustard
- 3 shallots
- 1 bunch of chives
- Pepper (ideally a mixture of 5 berries)
Recipe for artichokes with vinaigrette:
- Start by breaking the tails of the artichokes
- Cut flush on the underside
- Remove the larger leaves from the outside of the artichokes, as even cooked they remain hard and indigestible.
- Fill a large pot with 2 liters of water
- Add the coarse salt (or fine salt by default)
- Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the artichokes
- Artichokes are cooked when the leaves come off easily
- Drain the artichokes upside down in a colander
Preparation of the vinaigrette:
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard
- Add the chopped shallots
- Add the chopped chives
- Salt, pepper
Serve the artichokes as is, as pictured. You can put some vinaigrette on the side, but have a small ramekin filled with vinaigrette per person next to it.
Enjoy your meal !