A must-have among desserts, clafoutis is a great classic of French cuisine.
Preparation time : 15 min
Cooking time : 45 min
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 600 g of cherries
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g of flour
- 25 cl of milk
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 80 g of pistachios shelled nature
- 1 drop of aromaalmond bitter
Here is a delicious variation with the cherry-pistachio clafoutis.
Cherry-pistachio clafoutis recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Wash the cherries, dry them and then pit them.
- Coarsely crush the pistachios in a mortar with a pestle.
In a salad bowl,
- Crack the eggs and beat them with the sugar with a fork.
- Add the flour, milk, cream and pistachios successively, then mix well until a smooth and homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Perfume with a drop of almond aroma (be careful, use in moderation!
- Bitter almond has a very powerful scent which, in too large a quantity, can take up all the space in terms of flavor).
- Divide the cherries in a gratin dish (or individual crème brûlée molds).
- Pour in the clafoutis and bake for 45 min.
- Serve warm or cold.
Can be done with all seasonal fruits.
Traditionally, in the clafoutis, the cherries are not pitted; in which case be careful to warn your guests!
To pit cherries, there are fairly effective mechanical pits, but the easiest way is to open them in half to remove the pit.
Enjoy your meal !
Photo credits: © UE / MAAF / FAM / Interfel / T. Antablian