Zucchini curry is a tasty marriage and an ideal accompaniment to white meats and fish.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 onions
- 1 kg of courgettes
- 50 cl of fermented milk
- 30 g of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. coffee of Curry
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 small can of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp. grated coconut
- 30 g cashew nuts
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Courgette curry recipe
- Peel and grate 1 tsp. of fresh ginger.
- Peel, wash and chop the onions.
- Wash and cut the courgettes into slices.
- Mix the fermented milk and the cornstarch.
In a Dutch oven,
- Heat the oil, add the chopped onions.
- Once the onions are colored, add the ginger and the curry.
- Pour in the zucchini, mustard seeds and chickpeas.
- Season with a little salt and possibly pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring and adding a little water from time to time.
- Add the coconut, cashews, cornstarch mixed with fermented milk, stir.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes more over low heat.
At the end of cooking, check the seasoning and serve with fragrant rice.
Suggestion: You can add water or vegetable broth to relax your zucchini curry.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel