Are you looking for a fresh and fragrant starter or small aperitif glasses, here is the recipe for vegetable gazpacho.
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pepper red
- 1 bunch of basil
- Juice lemon green (1/2 lemon)
- 1 small clove ofgarlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dash of sherry vinegar
- Salt pepper
Vegetable gazpacho recipe
The vegetable gazpacho is a blend of flavor and freshness. To be made as soon as the first summer vegetables arrive, it can also be stored for 2 to 3 days in the fridge, in a closed bottle for example.
- Start by washing all the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber lengthwise, leaving about every 2 strips
- Cut all the vegetables into very small cubes
- Roughly chop the basil
- Peel and chop the garlic
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Mix everything in a large bowl
- Add the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice
- Salt, pepper
We will leave this preparation to marinate for 6 to 12 hours (this step is not essential but allows the aromas and flavors to be better mixed)
- We then put everything in the blender
- We rectify with salt and pepper
- Leave to rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- It is served in verrines or even in soup plates if it is a starter.
As a decoration we use a few remaining basil leaves and possibly small diced vegetables that you have kept.
- It can be served with small toasted toasts lightly scented with garlic by brushing a few cloves over them.
Enjoy your meal !