A great classic of homemade jams, apricot jam is also one of the best to make yourself.
Apricot jam ingredients:
These ingredients should give you approximately 6 to 8 jars of apricot jam.
To make your jam a success, ask your merchant for ripe apricots, unless they come from your apricot tree.
- 2 kg ofapricots
- 1.5 kg of granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
Read also: health benefits and virtues of apricot
Apricot jam recipe
The apricot jam recipe is undoubtedly one of the easiest and quickest to make, but also one of the best to enjoy at home for breakfast.
- First of all, place an empty plate in the freezer which will then be used to check the cooking of the jam.
- Start by cleaning all the apricots.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove each stone.
- Place the apricots in a large saucepan, pot, jam bowl or any other cooking vessel that can accommodate the apricots.
- Place the vanilla pod in the middle of the apricots.
- Sprinkle all of the sugar on top.
- Let steep for several hours, until the sugar turns into syrup.
Cooking apricot jam:
After maceration, comes the time to cooking jam.
Over medium heat, bring the sugar and apricot mixture to a boil.
Cooking takes about 15 minutes from the moment it boils.
Skim as you cook.
You can see if the jam is set if it freezes when you place a spoon on the plate taken out of the freezer.
After removing the vanilla bean, pour the jam into the jars up to about 1 cm from the edge
Close the jars and then turn them over until completely cool.
Enjoy your meal !