This Arcachon risotto with squid, oysters, mussels, cockles and clams is a real treat!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 250g Arborio rice
- 4 pieces Calamari (squid)
- 600 g of Bouchot mussels
- 12 oysters from the Arcachon basin n ° 2
- 100 g of cockles
- 100 g of clams
- 50 g butter
- 10 cl of olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- 3 sprigs flat parsley
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dl of Bianco white martini
- 50 cl of dry white wine (Bordeaux)
- 50 g powdered fish stock
- Peel and wash the carrot and an onion. Cut them into cubes.
- Make a bouquet garni with the flat-leaf parsley, a sprig of thyme and the
- Peel and chop an onion for cooking the risotto.
- Peel and chop the shallots for cooking the shellfish.
- In a Dutch oven, open the mussels, cockles and clams
independently of each other, with wine, chopped shallots and
a sprig of thyme. Collect and filter the juice each time. Reserve.
- Shell the shellfish. Open the oysters and mix them with
- Empty and clean the squids under running water. Cut them into small
bracelets. Cook in a pan with 5 cl of olive oil, very little time
to keep the squid soft.
- Dissolve the powdered fish stock in a liter of water. Bring to
boil while whisking. Add all the filtered cooking juices, the cubes
carrots and onions and the bouquet garni.
For cooking the risotto:
- In a sauté pan, place 5 cl of olive oil, 50 g of butter and the chopped onion. Sweat without coloring.
- Add the rice. Pour in the white martini. Mix.
- Cook over low heat, adding ladle after ladle the fish stock, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Stop cooking when the risotto seems done. Add the squid and shellfish.
- Serve very hot and with a ladle with 10 g of butter.
Recipe: V. Poussard, Photo: S. Thommeret