Here is a recipe that smells of the southwest with these piperade duck aiguillettes, a fragrant dish delicately seasoned with garlic.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 16 duck aiguillettes
- 1 pepper red
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of tomato coulis
- 25 g of sea salt butter
- Salt pepper
Read also: health benefits and virtues of peppers
Duck fillets with piperade
- Wash, seed and chop the red pepper.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel, degerm and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil and add the pepper, onions and garlic. Sauté everything and incorporate the tomato coulis. Cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the oven in grill position.
- Transfer all the preparation to an oven dish. Place the duck aiguillettes on top. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pieces of butter.
- Bake and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
To accompany your piperade duck aiguillettes, serve white rice cooked Creole style.
How to peel the peppers?
Put the oven in grill position. Wash the pepper and place it on a baking sheet. Bake and grill the pepper on all sides. Take out of the oven, put the pepper in a bag then seal it tightly. This step will make it possible to peel the pepper and to remove its skin very easily.
Fleur de sel is the “nectar” of sea salt. Harvested by hand from the surface of salt marshes, this non-dried salt has a special flavor. It should be added directly to the dishes before tasting.
Learn more about garlic
For better digestion, degerm the garlic. To do this, peel it, cut it in half and remove the green germ if it is present.
If it isn´t visible, the garlic is very fresh and you don´t have to do anything.
Read also: health benefits and virtues of garlic
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan