It is in the heart of winter that the need for vitamins is felt, so let yourself be tempted by this delicious pineapple papillote recipe with spices, ginger and vanilla.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 big pineapple (or 2 small)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10 g of ginger fresh
- 4 star anise
- 4 tbsp. to s. of honey
- 40g butter
- 4 sheets of baking paper.
Pineapple papillote with spices
The pineapple recipe papillote with spices can be made year round, but the best season for pineapple is in the fall and winter.
- Open the pineapple in 2 then 4 in the height of the fruit.
- Cut off the fibrous part in the center of the pineapple with a knife.
- Peel these large quarters then cut them into cubes. Reserve.
- Peel the piece of ginger with the peeler and grate it.
- Open the vanilla pod in half lengthwise.
Place in the center of each sheet of baking paper:
- A portion of diced pineapple, a little grated ginger and vanilla seeds (scraped with the tip of a knife), a spoonful of honey, 10 g of butter and a star anise.
- Close the papillotes and put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °.
- Out of the oven, serve the papillotes accompanied by ginger or coconut cookies, and why not a scoop of ice cream (vanilla, frozen nougat, rum-raisin…) for a hot / cold contrast.
© Philippe Dufour / Interfel