Certainly the best known of the mussel recipes after the traditional marinière mussels, curry mussels offer a tasty mix of spices and shellfish.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 kg of mussels
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 clovegarlic
- Parsley (about ten stems)
- Fresh cream
- Curry in powder
Curry mussels recipe
Start by cleaning the molds well, taking care to remove the filament and scrape them if necessary in order to have clean molds.
- Peel then mince the onion and shallots
- Chop the parsley roughly
In a Dutch oven,
- Melt a large knob of butter
- Add the onion and chopped shallots
- Sweat for 2/3 min over medium heat
- Add the mussels
- Stir with a spatula to turn the mussels to the bottom
- Melt 25 cl of heavy cream in a saucepan,
- Add 1 teaspoon of curry powder then the parsley
When all the mussels are open, remove the juice and keep 25 cl that you will mix with the sour cream and mix everything with the mussels.
Serve hot, why not with fries?
Enjoy your meal !