Easy and quick to prepare, Eggplant Cheese Salad is a delicious recipe, packed with flavor for summer.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 mesclun (for 4 people)
- 1 eggplant
- Coarse salt
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Madame Loïc cheese
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 4 tbsp. tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Read also: benefits and virtues of eggplant
Eggplant salad with cheese
- Wash and dry the mesclun.
- Wash the eggplant and cut it lengthwise. Place it on a grid, sprinkle with coarse salt and let it drain for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (th.7).
- At the end of this time, dry the eggplant slices, place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and cook in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the mesclun on 4 plates, sprinkle with the cream cheese, previously roasted pine nuts and arrange the eggplant slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel, pepper and a teaspoon. olive oil per plate.
Find out more about eggplant
Originally from South Asia (India, Burma ...), eggplant is a vegetable plant whose fruit is eaten like a vegetable.
Rounded, elongated, white, dark purple or violet sprinkled with white, there are different varieties, all equally spongy and unpalatable when raw, but so tender and tasty when cooked!
Essentially produced and consumed in China, India and Turkey, this vegetable is also deeply rooted in the culinary cultures of Italy, Spain, Greece, and southern France.
Vegetable garden: how to grow eggplant well
Cooking: all the recipes with eggplant
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel