If it is a fish that is easy to cook, fine and tasty on the palate, it is definitely cod.
Accompanied by its delicious ratatouille, here is the cod back in a vegetable crust.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 cod back
- 15g butter
- 1 courgettes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 pepper green
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 podsgarlic
- 1 onions
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- Salt pepper
- Olive oil
Recipe for cod fillet in a vegetable crust:
The recipe can be broken down into 2 steps and can even be prepared the day before with the realization of the ratatouille 24 hours before, it is even better.
- Start by washing all the vegetables well.
- Cut each vegetable into small cubes of about 1 cl aside
- Finely mince the onion and crush the garlic
- Sweat the onion in a saucepan with olive oil
- Add the vegetables and crushed garlic then cook for 30 minutes over low heat and covered
- Remove then keep the juice given during cooking
- Mix the tomato paste with the vegetables in order to have a homogeneous and consistent mixture
- Store this vegetable preparation
The second step is to cook the cod:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Wash the cod and remove the bones
- Brown a little butter in a pan and brown on each side
- Then put the cod in a buttered baking dish and cover with ratatouille to make a crust
- Bake and cook for 15-20 min depending on the thickness
- Take out of the oven then cut the fish into 4 equal parts
- Arrange on each plate
You can serve with a little rice or a steamed potato and use the ratatouille juice as a base for the sauce, once diluted with a little tomato paste.
Enjoy your meal !